Saturday, December 19, 2009

These are the best days

More than ever before, I have this deep sense of awareness that the days I'm living in are the best days of my life.  I was thinking this morning as I plugged in the Christmas tree lights and sat in the early morning darkness sipping my coffee, "These are the good days."  This Christmas finds us at a great place in life. All my circumstances are not perfect, but I am full of peace and joy.  I think I have learned this year to live in the moment. I've learned that life, marriage and children are continually changing.  It is important to soak each day in and enjoy it for what it is.  Learning to live in the moment means forgetting what is behind and not wishing for what tomorrow brings.  This Christmas I'm living in the moment. I am watching Ginny laugh while she watches Christmas movies she's seen a hundred time. I am listening to Wayne belt out Christmas carols while he makes pancakes in the kitchen.  I am laying on Leslie's bed chatting with her about nothing in particular, but knowing that these are important conversations.  I am living in the knowledge that all these gifts are from above, from a God who does not change in the midst of my crazy ever changing life.  I have received immeasureably more than I've ever asked or thought.  These are the best days.

1 comments:

Heather said...

You made tears come to my eyes -I couldn't agree with you more.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com