Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cyber cleaning

I deleated my Facebook account. (Gasp!)  The reason is simple, I'm wasting way too much time online. Facebook is a valuable tool, that for me, has created the monster of searching endless hours online for "friends".  These cyber friends are people that I have not talked to in over 20 years, and quite frankly up until FB, that was just fine with me. Maybe it's my nosey nature. Anyways, this week I did a time inventory and realized that FB sucks up an huge amount of my time.  Couple that with the barage of worthless, and sometimes offensive info that assaults me from people I thought I knew....
Much easier to delete myself than to try and delete 'friends" (ouch)
My girls will be thrilled, they think I am entirely too old for FB.  I will have much moer time to devote to my new passion of knitting.  Maybe I will even get supper cooked around here!
Mostly I will have more time to blog, which all you fellowbloggers know is tremendously therapeutic.
So, won't see you on Facebook for a while, but I'll still be blogging, and stopping in at the "home' of all my bloggy friends who make me smile!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you - a friend & I have an ongoing joke that FB is from the Devil...exactly because of the reasons you listed.

Roxanne said...

Good for you, I've been deliberating doing the same!

Anonymous said...

Have you gone nuts? How in the world are you going to be able to keep up with all that's going on in the world???? Love ya, Lynnie

Hollie said...

so thinking i need to do this too...been thinking about it since Rowan was born...just spend way too much time there...sigh...

and way to go! you are so disciplined stephanie!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com