Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday thoughts

This morning, after I finish my coffee, I'll get a shower, dress up in my best cothes and make my way to church.  I go to one of several baptist churches in my town, where our building displays a huge cross on the front.  The music will play loudly, people will raise their hands, sing their hearts out, and then our pastor will open his Bible and preach.  His words will be broadcast all over the building from a microphone.  We will make a recording of his message, and pass it out so others can hear.  Part of his message will be a plea to believers, it always is, to be faithful, hang in there, keep on going for Jesus.  Because, after all, we need the encouragement, we have it so hard following Jesus.

Pastor Luspida in Indonesia was hit in the back of the head with several rocks during his message last Sunday.  Naesha Saedi an Iranian pastor who is in prison this Sunday morning. His house church will pray for him this morning.  He won't be there, He's being faithful when it gets hard.  Last month over 132 Christians in China "disappeared"  when the communist governement disbanded thier churches.

Do you ever wonder why you were born where you were?  It's not so we can enjoy our luxuries...like ipods..and cars...and vacations.  God put us here, to help our brothers and sisters around the world. 

I'll be thinking about them this morning while I worship. I'll pray for Pastor Saeedi's wife...who really knows what it's like to suffer for Jesus.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com