Thursday, October 7, 2010

So how's the runnin' goin'?

You may remember from this post, I was toying with the idea of running a marathon.  I had decided that the Atlanta marathon was a great goal to shoot for. It's fr enough away to give me plenty of training time away, plus it is on my birthday weekend so I figured it was perfect timing.  After consulting with a couple women who have already run the 26.2, I decided to use the Runners World training guide.  First goal was increasing my mileage. I'm not even really able to follow the plan as I can't run 8-10 miles right now. I have been running with some young girls and it has really helped me.  I can run farther and longer than I could a month ago.  So small incremental goals is the important thing. I decided that for the month of October I am going to increase my long run to 6 miles, or one hour.  My November goal is long run at 10 miles.  From there, I'll be ready to start the 12 week program which should have me ready for a marathon by March.  Oh, and I also need to lose about 25 pounds in the process.  Maybe one of these days, I'll run a marathon with my cross country super star nephew Clinton, who is destroying records on a weekly basis. He is doing awesome! So proud of him!

Happy trails!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you - So proud of you but please be careful, go SLOW with your training - it is so hard on your body. I had a friend break her femur training for a marathon.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com