Saturday, April 17, 2010

aesthetics vs. activity

I have made a discovery about myself. I guess I've known this for  while, but it has become more and more clear to me.  I don't care too much about my house.  What I mean is, I'm not a decorator. I'm OK at crafts, but mostly enjoy DOING the craft vs. DISPLAYING the craft. Big difference.  Sometimes I feel bad about that. When the girls at work, who by the way are fabulous decorators and have impeccable taste, talk about granite vs. silestone or sage vs. celery green, my eyes glaze over.  I only am interested in new furniture when the old is broken.  Wayne put down wood floors, because we have dogs inside.  Don't get me wrong, I like a clean neat house. Can't stand clutter, but on our recent camping trip I looked at Wayne in my sweet littel camper and thought, "I could live in here with him!"

That is not to say that I am not materialistic.  Who isn't? I could spend a fortune on good food, and running shoes (interesting combination)  I literally could house a library with all the books I buy.
But if Wayne and I were to come into a tidy sum of money we would DO something vs. ACQUIRE something.  We are doers. I love  a new experience and we both love to travel.

It seemed funny that I bought two new things this last week to put on the wall.  I was laughing as I put them up. About time there was some new scenery around here.

What about you?  Are you a "do"er ? or a "be"er?

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com