Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Health and Wellness

I do not know why I like to run so much. No one in my family is very athletic. I would never consider myself and athlete, yet year in year out, I always come back to running.

Here are my events for 2011:



I'm running it with my pals Courtney and Lindsey.  We are doing the half. I really wanted to do the full, but in all honesty it scared me to death and I was easily persuaded to do the half this year.Registrations are completed and I am excited.

Second event:

This is an example of what happens when you talk about races with a runner at a Christmas party.  Thirty minutes into the conversations, I was so excited about this new venture. I've been thinking about a triathlon (the baby one) for a while. I know that I can't run forever, and I love the idea of mixing several things in one race.  I have somehow convinced about five other women to do this thing with me.  I have not been so excited about a race in a long time.

I know better than to make any type of eating commitment for 2011.  Who am I kidding? I am terrible at diets. So after thinking long and hard about my middle age weight gain I am contemplating moderation.  Everything in moderation. Hopefully this will mean less meat, more vegetables, less sugar and more water.

So maybe 2011 will be a year of new accomplishments for me. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll get Mr. Welch off the couch, into a pair of running shoes and in a 5K.  Now that would be a real accomplishment!


1 comments:

Liz said...

My goal is to run the Turkey Trot 5K at Thanksgiving in under 30 minutes. I've missed running so much and I'm determined to get back to it, babies in tow.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com