Tuesday, December 21, 2010

last reads of 2010

 I just finished up my last two books for 2010:


Worth gave me this book and it is absolutely awesome. If you are missional minded this book will inspire you to reach out. Toby Mac does a fantastic job of showing through the lives of ordinary people, how extraordinary our God is! Read it! You can borrow it from me....but you can't keep it.




Tina gave me this book. I finished it last night about 12:30. It has me so energized to run my half marathon in March!  the story is actually the autobiography of of Sister Madonna Buder, a Catholic nun started running at age 48, and now, at the age of 80, she has finished countless marathons and triathlons.  She combines stories of her training rituals with accounts of races where she is visited by angels.  Her relationship with Jesus is very real, and you witness her conversations with Him, as her friend.  You see her turn racing into a ministry to others.  Fantastic book. It helped to affirm in me that EVERY part of our lives as believers in Jesus, is a ministry.  You can borrow this one too, but not until I finish running in March! :)

I think I will squeeze another book in next week while I am off.  I am going to start the Karen Kingsbury series on the Baxter family.  I usually don't like Christian fiction, but I'm gonna give it a try.

* sorry for the fuzziness of these pics I ripped off of Amazon*

1 comments:

Tina said...

I want to borrow them both!! :)

 
Template by suckmylolly.com