Monday, December 27, 2010

Looking forward....

I'm a sucker for New Years resolutions. I love them. I love to make them, I love to look back on them. THat is not to say that I do very well keeping them, but that's for another post.


My friend Hollie mentioned in one of her posts that she was going to take the last days of the month and use them to look forward to 2011. Maybe not so much resolution, but contemplation. What are the things I want to learn, do and become in 2011?

After all these years, I am finally learning that I do better spending quality time with God when I do a structured bible study or daily devotional thing.  I applaud you folks who read through the bible in a year, but its not for me. I cringe when I hear someone say "I'm reading the bible through in a year."  I think of all the times I have tried and made it to the third week of January then stopped after bogged down in the laws of Numbers and Deuteronomy.

I am starting off this year with a favorite, "Jesus the One and Only: 90 Day Devotional" . Mostly I want to fall in love with Jesus again. Oh I love Him,  but I'm not always "in love" with Him.  So the first 3 months of the year I am going to focus on Jesus, his life, His words while He was on earth.  I've lost that lovin' feelin' by just being too busy and too overwhelmed.  He's waiting on me.....

Tomorrow I'll tell you some more of my contemplations for 2011.  What about you?




0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com