Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sweet Word

Like you, sometimes I find myself in a situation that seems impossible.  A situation that has no outward resolution. I want to be a faith filled woman, but I'm not always that woman.  This morning, God reminded me of His power, His hugeness, his ability to bring water to a desert.

2 Kings 3: 16-18  " then he (Elijah) said " This is what the LORD says, "Dig ditches all over this valley. Here's what will happen- you won't hear the wind, and you won't see the rain, but this valley is going to fill up with water and your army and your animals will drink their fill.'"

So, I've got my shovel in my hand, I'm diggin' my trenches. I don't smell rain or see clouds.  This air is still, I won't even pretend that I see any storm on its way, but I know that God is bringing rain to me.  He promised that to me.  He will cover me and my family, my church and my ministry in drenching, life-giving rain.  Faith doesn't stop to scan the horizon. Faith keeps digging, knowing that these trenches are going to overflow.

1 comments:

Kenny said...

Thanks Steph, I needed to hear those words of faith......Kenny

 
Template by suckmylolly.com