Saturday, December 11, 2010

Simple Things

After having a horrific 2009, I made a pact with myself to slow down in 2010 and enjoy the simple things. I read the most interesting thing by Andrew Murray the other day. He said that in the rush of our world, we forget to be still and commune with God. To commune with God means to say "No" alot. It means turning off your cell phone and spending Saturdays at home. It has been a year of awakening. I slowed down. I said no alot more to people and requests for my time, and started saying "Yes" to God, to Wayne, to my family.  I found time to do some really neat things I've been wanting to do. Like hang out laundry.

 When I was a little girl I used to love to help my mom hang out laundry.  I love a towel that has hung out to dry on the line.  I figure if I live out the country with no neighbors to see our underwear, why not?  Wayne made me a clothesline and that is a simple pleasure for me on Saturdays.

I found time to take a walk and talk to God.  He has never told me He was too busy for me.  He has never failed to show up and walk with me, and tell me things I needed to know.

I found time to spend some lazy afternoons with Wayne.  In a year that has been hard in other ways, it has been a great growing year for us. I love him so much.

I'm not sure what 2011 will bring, but I feel like for the first time in a while I am grounded and settled. Learning to say yes to the right things makes all the difference in the world.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com