Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lesson learned

I learned a great lesson this week It was this: Stand still and let God move. I wish I had the time and space to tell you the whole story, but let me just give you the short version.

About a month ago, I heard God distinctly and clearly tell me something that He wanted me to do.  If you know me, I am VERY action oriented and I proceeded to do what He said, when I hit a roadblock.  I remember so clearly lying in bed that night and I ask Him, "God did I hear you right?"  He answered, "You just stand still and let Me move."

In an unprecedented act of faith in Him, I did just that. Let me tell you that I seldom stand still, even after He has told me to. Most of the time I am running around trying to manipulate a way for His will to be done, you know He needs me to do that for Him  :).  But this time, I stood still and just waited and watched.

 He moved in a way that I did not expect,  but as clearly as I had heard his voice a month before, I saw His hand move.  It was beautiful, seamless, perfect.  It made me humble, and happy.

I trust Him. Once again, He showed me that His way is perfect, and that His timing is never too late.  I love this song.........

Stand still, and let God move.
Standing still is hard to do.
When you feel you have reached the end,
He'll make a way for you,
Stand still, and let God move.

1 comments:

Chris, Lauren and Gage said...

Lord move in the way
That I've never seen before
There's a mountain in the way
And a lock on the door
I'm drifting away
Waves are crashing on the shore
Lord move...or move me!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com